Mushroom Matar Pulao is truly a delicious, gluten-free, one-pot meal. Off lately, I am talking a lot about pressure cooker recipes. And this Mushroom Matar Pulao Recipe is another addition to the list of best, tried and tested pressure cooker recipes. If you love the combination of mushroom and peas in a curry, then you will surely enjoy this Mushroom Matar Pulao. It is so simple to cook, tasty to the core and 100% gluten-free. What not is there to love about it?
Mushroom Matar Pulao is actually a cross between pulao and a biryani. It can be rated as a quick mushroom biryani as well. The roasted onions, cashews and the spices, all make it as good as a biryani. With a simple side such as mint and pomegranate raita and salad, it makes an excellent main course. For those of you, who are always seeking mushroom recipes to include in everyday diet this pulao recipe is worth bookmarking.
The good news is this Mushroom Pulao does not require some fancy ingredients yet it turns out so good. So if you are longing for some gratifying comfort meal, then Mushroom Matar Pulao could be the answer to all your cravings. And it takes less than 30 minutes to get ready. Who could miss out saving such gem of recipes?
Also, if you are interested in saving more pressure cooker recipes, then follow our Pinterest Board – Pressure Cooker Recipes. This board is the collection of best pressure cooker recipes from all over the world. So come on and follow my lead!
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Mushroom Matar Pulao RecipePrint This
- 2 Cups basmati rice
- 1 Cup button mushroom chopped
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 large-size onion sliced
- 2 tbsp cashews sliced
- 1 green chili sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 – 3 whole green cardamom
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala (see recipe here)
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- Wash and soak the rice in enough water.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add bay leaf, cashew, and cardamom, fry for few 10 – 20 seconds.
- Next, add the sliced onion. Fry till the onion turn light golden in color.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell wafts away.
- Now add the green peas, mushrooms and fry for a minute.
- Add the spices, salt and again fry the masala for a minute or so.
- Drain the water from the rice and add the rice in the pressure cooker.
- Stir to combine and saute the rice for a minute.
- Nex,t add 4 Cups of water or as required in the pressure cooker.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker. Cook the pulao for a whistle over medium heat.
- Allow the steam to release naturally from the pressure cooker.
- Open the lid and fluff the rice using a fork.
- Serve Mushroom Matar Pulao warm with raita and salad.