Mixed Beans Salad Recipe is a wholesome, healthy and easy to make weeknight meal. When you have some pre-cooked beans in the fridge this salad could be prepared in just a few minutes. Beans are the powerhouse of protein and have significant amount of soluble fiber, which is helpful in keeping blood cholesterol low. In India, beans are an integral part of our daily diet but we always prefer them in spicy curries along with rice or chapatti. While doing some basic research about Mexican Cuisine or I should say South American Cuisine I found there are so many ways to include beans in our meal apart from curries, which is really interesting as well exciting.
These days “He” is on dieting regime and prefers only salads and fruits for his lunchbox, which is quite a challenge for me to make the salad which should not become watery or soggy by the lunchtime and daily making a salad with vegetables is just so mundane. So this Mixed Bean Salad Recipe is a good change for his taste buds and it’s quite fulfilling also as beans take a longer time to digest than vegetables or fruits.
Here is the recipe for how to make Mixed Beans Salad:
Mixed Beans Salad Recipe
Mixed Beans Salad recipe is a wholesome, healthy and easy to make weeknight meal.
- 1/2 cup Red Kidney beans
- 1/2 cup Soya Beans
- 1/2 cup Black Eyed Beans
- 2 - 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 capsicum finely chopped
- 6 - 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 - 5 spring onion greens chopped
- Half bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped
- To begin making the Mixed Beans Salad, first soak the beans for 5 - 6 hours in enough water. Next cook the soaked beans with approximately 1 Cup of water, salt and garlic cloves in the pressure cooker. Place the weight on and allow the beans cook over medium heat for five to six whistles. Allow the pressure to release naturally as the beans will continue to cook under the existing pressure.
- Once beans are done, open the pressure cooker (buy it here) and drain the excess liquid. Allow the beans to cool completely.
- To prepare the dressing for the salad. Add all the ingredients for dressing in a bottle with the lid. Tightly close the lid and shake the bottle so all the ingredients get well combined.
- To prepare the salad, in a salad bowl (buy it here) combine all the chopped vegetables along with the cooked beans. Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss.
- Serve the Mixed Bean Salad immediately along with warm toasted bread or refrigerate it and serve it when you are ready to eat.