Chicken Stroganoff with Spaghetti is a delicious, one-pot pasta meal. I think it is perfect for the summer season. The button mushrooms and chicken cooked in a light, white sauce is a tasty combination. With a glass of chilled wine to accompany the dish, this Chicken Stroganoff with Spaghetti can be a fantastic menu choice for the Sunday brunch. I like the pasta dishes that are a complete meal. One does not require any sides. Just pick you plate/bowl of the dish and enjoy it while sitting on the couch or patio. Food doesn’t always have to be complicated to taste good. At times, simple and subtle flavors can create a mind blowing dish.
I am a big time pasta lover. In my kitchen pantry, you can find so many shapes and sizes of pasta. And I can confess confidently that on most of the days I can cook a mean pasta dish. Whether it is penne tossed in simple pizza/pasta sauce or the whole wheat sauce pasta, they all are crowd pulling dishes. My husband and friends agree to that. Pasta is such a versatile ingredient and the possibilities to cook with it are endless. You can be as much creative as possible.
To be honest, I don’t like too rich and creamy pasta sauces. I prefer sticking to light and flavorsome sauces. So that the texture and taste of pasta are not overshadowed by the sauce. After all, pasta should be the hero of the dish. My secret trick to make a delicious sauce lies in the boiled pasta water. Don’t ever throw away that water. It can do wonders to the soups and sauces. ideally, one is supposed to use stock in such recipes. But we all know on a day to day cooking most of the times it is not feasible to have fresh stock in hand. And I do not prefer using stock cubes due to high sodium content in them. Hence, the reserved boiled pasta water does the magic for us. So next time you boil pasta, reserve a cup of boiled water and use that in the sauce.
Try this Chicken Stroganoff with Spaghetti Recipe and I am sure very soon it will make its way into your favorite weeknight dinner list. It is quick to make, easy to follow and super good. What else you need in a perfect pasta dish?
Thanks for reading! For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Chicken Stroganoff with Spaghetti
Chicken Stroganoff with Spaghetti is a delicious, one-pot pasta meal.
- 200 gram spaghetti
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 small-size onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 5 - 6 white button mushrooms sliced
- 200 gram skinless, boneless chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup boiled pasta water
- 1/2 cup cream
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs, then drain.
- Reserve a cup of boiled pasta water. Toss spaghetti in a tablespoon of olive oil and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic, onion and cook until slightly soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until they begin to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, flour and chili flakes. Cook, stirring for a minute.
- Now add the chicken, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the chicken browns, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved pasta water, thyme and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Stir in the cream. Continue simmering gently until the chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, divide the spaghetti among plates. Top with the chicken stroganoff and white sauce.
- Serve Chicken Stroganoff with Spaghetti warm garnished with grated cheese.
Fun FOOD and Frolic http://www.funfoodfrolic.com/