Khatta Meetha Kaddu Recipe (Sweet & Savory Pumpkin)
Khatta Meetha Kaddu
is a traditional Indian side-dish. This pumpkin side-dish is often prepared during festive occasions along with poori
and aloo ki sabji. The khatta meetha kaddu is a no onion/garlic, gluten-free recipe. It requires minimal spices and seasoning. The savory flavor comes from the addition of sugar/jaggery in the dish. The combination of spiciness and sweetness is truly a delectable combination. The khatta meetha kaddu
is quite a popular recipe across North India and mostly, prepared during the festival of Navratri or other similar occasions.
Even if you are not fasting and need a change from the regular mundane side-dishes then I think Khatta Meetha Kaddu Recipe is a good option to be included in the daily menu. It is so simple to make and tastes delicious with any deep-fried bread. Even if you are planning to pack a meal for the long distance traveling, then khatta meetha kaddu could be a fantastic dry preparation. The kids in the family love it. And enjoy khatta meetha kaddu in their lunchbox as well.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
How to make khatta meetha kaddu in less than 30 minutes:
Khatta Meetha Kaddu Recipe
- 1 full yellow pumpkin, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 2 tbsp kasuri methi
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp dried mango powder
- 2 tbsp jaggery or sugar
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- In a heavy bottom pan heat ghee over medium flame.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and kasuri methi, fry till seeds start spluttering.
- Add pumpkin along with the salt and spices, stir to combine.
- Add approximately 1/2 Cup of water, stir and let pumpkin cubes cook covered over medium heat till they turn soft
- Once pumpkin turns soft, add amchur, corinader powder and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Let the pumpkin pieces cook over low heat for next 5 - 10 minutes. Stir occasionally in between.
- Serve Khatta Meetha Kaddu warm with Poori ( see recipe ).
Fun FOOD and Frolic http://www.funfoodfrolic.com/
Leave a Comment
Subscribe to our newsletter!!
Sign Up To Have New Recipes Delivered Straight To Your Inbox (For Free)!