Hot Sauce Chicken Wings are surely the best snack for the weekend. These chicken wings are a flavor bomb, decadent and totally addictive in a positive way. You surely can’t stop at one! That is why I make them in large batches even for two of us. This hot sauce chicken wings recipe is certainly one of those easy chicken recipes that you want to bookmark for the cocktail parties or casual get-togethers. Serve them with a cooling dip to even the heat of the hot sauce.
What is so special about these Chicken Wings? It is the hot sauce that makes them finger-licking good. This brand new hot sauce is via none other than my favorite brand Bira 91. And I must confess this sauce is going to be a total game changer when it comes to the flavor profile of the dishes. It is obviously hot, novel and the best so far I have tasted in the market. I usually make these chicken wings with a homemade amalgamation of sauces. But this time Bira 91 hot sauce reduced my ingredient list to almost half of the original. And the end result was beyond gratifying.
The Hot Sauce Chicken Wings are not my usual quick chicken recipes but they are definitely among the easy ones. The good part of this recipe is there is no advance preparation work required. Neither marination nor any chopping. All you need to do is marinate the chicken wings on the spot and bake immediately. And I must tell you these are actually crunchy chicken wings. So much more healthy than the deep-fried ones. With the touch of magical hot sauce, they transform into glorious hot stuff.
And in case, you are wondering what is the right way to enjoy the best chicken wings. You have to dig in with all your five fingers. That is the only way to truly devour a chicken wing. Don’t forget to dip chicken wings in a creamy and cooling dipping sauce. All washed down with a copious amount of beer. This is the only explanation in my food dictionary of how to enjoy hot sauce chicken wings.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
- 1 kilogram chicken wings
- 4 tablespoon corn flour starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fine chopped garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fine chopped red chilli
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 Cup Bira 91 Hot Sauce buy it here
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Wash and clean the chicken wings. Pat dry the chicken wings with a clean kitchen towel.
- Combine corn flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat oven at 200 degree Celsius.
- Coat each chicken wing nicely with the marinade.
- Arrange a cooking rack over the baking sheet. Place chicken wings in the rack.
- Bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until chicken is nicely cooked and crisp.
- Just before the wings are about to get ready start preparing the sauce.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan. Stir fry garlic and red chilli for a minute.
- Add the soy sauce and stir fry for a second.
- Next, add the Bira 91 Hot Sauce and honey. Stir to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- Pour this hot sauce over the baked chicken wings and toss nicely to coat each piece with the sauce.
- Serve Hot Sauce Chicken Wings immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
I prefer separating the drumettes sticks and the wingettes for this recipe.
Make sure chicken wings are completely dry before coating in corn starch mixture.
While baking turn the chicken wings after 20 minutes for even browning and cooking.
Cook the chicken wings till they are browned, full cooked from inside and crisp from outside.
Add salt cautiously in the sauce because we have already added salt while marinating wings.