I love mushroom in the soups! And I can’t seem to stop telling everyone reading my blog how much I love it by posting various mushroom soup recipes. Sometimes, back I was all talking about this delicious Broccoli and Mushroom Soup. That happens to be super green in color. This year, I am obsessed with this creamy, healthy mushroom soup. To make the soup creamy, I have used milk and not cream. This velvety, smooth, rich and oh-so-healthy soup is so simple to make and take only 20 minutes.
On certain busy weekdays, soups are a quick meal for us. So I prefer keeping a tab of calories while making these delicious one-pot bowls of goodness. And for the same reason, I have cut down the cream in this recipe. Instead of cream, we have used milk. You will be surprised to know that milk and mushroom is a match made in heaven. With a dash of garlic and thyme, this match turns into a gratifying bowl of mushroom soup. And bonus — it’s naturally gluten-free and low on calories too. So fun and so good!
When it comes to dishing up this mushroom soup, pile it high with your favorite toppings. I have added pan toasted whole wheat bread croutons and a dash of cream and olive oil. Not to forget the plenty of fresh coriander leaves. I love the crunch of bread croutons and the freshness of coriander with every spoonful of this creamy mushroom soup. However, this soup is extremely versatile, so feel free to pile up on the ingredients you love best like shredded chicken, roasted mushrooms, bacon or caramelized nuts.
Bottom line, it’s really simple to make. And in whatever way you serve it, the end result is guaranteed delicious.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Healthy Mushroom Soup RecipePrint This
- 500-gram button mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 medium-size onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh/dry thyme
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Wash, clean and roughly chop the mushrooms.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add the chopped onion, thyme and garlic. Saute for a minute or till the aroma of herbs is released.
- Glaze the pan with the red wine vinegar. Stir to scrape the pan.
- Now add the chopped mushroom and saute for 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Cover the pan with the lid and cook the mushrooms till softened a bit. This takes 5 – 6 minutes.
- Add the milk, bring the soup to a boil and then reduce the heat. Allow the soup to simmer for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly. Allow the soup to cool down a bit before blending. Or you can use a heat resistant immersion blender to blend the soup.
- Spoon the soup into bowls, garnish with the chopped coriander and toasted bread croutons. Serve Mushroom Soup warm.