Fudgy Cocoa Brownie Recipe is a no-chocolate brownie recipe prepared with cocoa powder. Brownies are a classic American dessert. We often debate about the finer points of brownies – fudgy, chewy, or cakey? Dark or milk chocolate? Warm and fresh from the oven or cool to the touch? Today, brownies can be found with a number of flavor variations and add-ons, such as peanut butter, mint, coffee, raspberry, white chocolate, almonds, raisins, candies, or caramel. But out of all these Cocoa Brownie is my second favorite flavor after Classic Chocolate Brownies (see recipe here), ultra-rich, deep, dark cocoa flavor, these brownies are fabulous.
I have used unsweetened good quality cocoa powder to prepare Fudgy Cocoa Brownie. The unsweetened cocoa powder also has two different varieties – natural and dutch process, so read the label while buying or using the cocoa powder. The Dutch process cocoa powder is treated with an alkali to mellow down the bitterness and to give baked goods a darker color. One more thing I love about making cocoa brownies is you are saved from the mess of chocolate melting, which is quite a task for lazy bakers like me. Learn how to bake Fudgy Cocoa Brownie in few simple steps:
Fudgy Cocoa Brownie Recipe
Yields 6 - 8 pieces
Fudgy Cocoa Brownie Recipe is a no-chocolate brownie recipe prepared with cocoa powder.
- 1/2 Cup all - purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 Cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp chocolate essence
- To prepare the brownie, preheat oven at 180-degree centigrade. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish ( buy it here ) with a little butter.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cocoa powder together in a bowl. Add coffee powder, combine and set aside.
- In another bowl cream together butter and sugar using electric hand blender at medium speed. Once the mixture turns fluffy and creamy in texture add one egg at a time and whisk for 2 - 3 minutes.
- At last add chocolate essence and whisk the liquid mixture for few seconds.
- Now combine liquid ingredients with the sifted flour mixture. Make sure no lumps or streaks remain in the batter.
- Pour the batter in the greased baking dish.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 - 25 minutes. Once baked transfer to a wire rack to cool down for sometime.
- Cut the Cocoa Brownie into squares. Serve Cocos Brownie warm with vanilla ice cream.
- Equipment Used: Square Baking Dish ( buy it here )
Fun FOOD and Frolic http://www.funfoodfrolic.com/