It seems I am posting after a long time, the madening busy schedule since January end is what kept me away from the blog for so long. Also, the laptop was off to service center and they promised me to get it fixed within a week but prolonged the issue for 10 days or so. That explains the prolonged silence on the blog. And we are making up to it with delicious, decadent Eggless Chocolate Brownie Recipe.
Though we lagged behind this month in sharing recipes with the readers of the blog but lot exciting was happening behind the scene. all this while when I was not blogging, the food events, reviews, recipe testing and packing for a good long holiday to my hometown kept me busy.
From time to time my readers keep on requesting for eggless baking recipes which are not so frequent at my place until and unless I am baking for somebody who does not eat eggs. Few days back one of my husband’s colleague came for dinner, she is a true eggless dessert lover so I baked these eggless brownies for her. The brownies were so decadent that she not only asked for the recipe but got the leftover brownie packed for herself.
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 130g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ⅓ Cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Milk, at room temperature
- 1 Cup Caster Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp instant coffee powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tsp Chocolate Essence
- ⅓ Cup chopped walnuts
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler. Once the chocolate and butter melted set aside and stir nicely with a spatula to make sure the mixture is smooth and lump free.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and coffee powder together in a separate bowl.
- In the melted chocolate beat in sugar, vanilla, chocolate essence for 3 – 4 minutes at low speed.
- Alternatively mix in sifted flour, walnuts and milk until all moistened and combined well. Do not mix the batter for too long.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Grease an 8 inch square tin and line with a parchment paper.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Cut into squares and serve hot with vanilla ice cream.