Thinking what to do with leftover naan? Make Naan Pizza. You will surely thank me for this easy naan pizza recipe. Last week, we had a dinner party and guess what, due to some last minute cancellations we were left with extra butter chicken and naan bread. And the next day, butter chicken naan pizza was our quick dinner. Naan pizza layered with rich tomato sauce and topped with butter chicken tastes simply divine. Don’t be stringent while adding cheese, after all, pizza tastes so much better with extra cheese. The combination of butter chicken and cheese is a guaranteed riot of flavors. This particular naan pizza is phenomenal because it has two of my favorite things – first butter chicken, I adore butter chicken. Secondly, super thin and crisp crust. Why is it so amazing? Well, actually, I think I know why (crispy outside, soft inside).
I absolutely love the crazy food flavor combinations such as this one – butter chicken and cheese, naan and pizza/pasta sauce. Making your very own customized homemade pizza can be a sort of Friday fun. We have made this pizza from scratch in 30 minutes and we will share with you four options for taking a cheat route to make naan pizza. First, for the base, you can use ready-made naan. Second, any good quality
First, for the base, you can use ready-made naan. Second, any good pizza/pasta sauce is perfect for this recipe. Third, if you do not have butter chicken on hand, then add sliced seekh kebab, chicken salami or leftover pieces of tandoori chicken (they all taste equally good). And the fourth one, skip the veggies if you are too lazy to chop them, just add sliced olives and cilantro. I am sure with these cheat pizza making tricks under your sleeves, easy naan pizza could be your 30-minute dinner.
I love such recipes which come together in less than 30 minutes and look super fancy on the dinner table. What do you think? Seriously, I’ve tried hundreds of pizza recipes, and this one is now absolutely up there on my top favorite list. Something about that thin, crispy base and creamy, crunchy topping could make you addicted to this easy naan pizza recipe.
Learn how to make easy naan pizza in few simple steps. If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #funfoodandfrolic on Instagram. I’d love to see how your pizza look!
Easy Naan Pizza in less than 30 minutes:
- 2 large-size cooked naan see recipe
- 1 Cup chopped butter chicken pieces see recipe
- 1 small-size onion sliced
- 1/4 cup capsicum diced
- 5 - 6 cherry tomato cut into halves
- 5 - 6 green olives sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella or pizza cheese
- 1/2 Cup pizza sauce buy it here
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pizza seasoning to taste
- First prepare the Naan. ( See naan recipe here ). You can use readymade naan as well to make the pizza.
- Next we need shredded or chopped butter chicken ( see recipe here ) pieces or any other roasted Indian flavored chicken pieces. We prefer butter chicken as it has subtle flavor and mild spices, perfect to blend with cheese.
- Preheat oven at 200 degree C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the naans on the baking sheet with the charred side facing upwards.
- Spread pizza sauce equally over the naans. Make sure each naan is covered nicely with the sauce.
- Sprinkle each naan with cheese, capsicum, onion, olives, tomato, and chicken.
- Transfer baking sheets to the oven, middle rack. Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted and the crust is bit crisp.
- Once the Naan Pizza is out of the oven, drizzle extra virgin olive oil, season with pizza seasoning of your choice (chili flakes, oregano) and sprinkle chopped coriander.
- Serve Naan Pizza immediately.