Doughnut Recipe with Chocolate Glaze
“D” for Doughnut and “D” for December, this is a perfect weather to enjoy these Deep Fried Doughnuts, the chilling winter breeze has started knocking at the door and the morning mist has given the sun long awaited holiday break for a while. December is been a busy month for me with so many Food Events lined up, “His” birthday, Christmas Baking and then New Year Party, my hands are full till neck, no matter how much planning I do it gonna be a restless month but I am super thrilled about so much baking and cooking to be done during the entire month and shops and fleas are all decorated for Holiday Season…. I just adore it!!!!
I always have a soft corner for these confectionary spheres with a hole, whether filled with jam, glazed with chocolate or simply dusted with cocoa and sugar, these ring with a hole are decadent. Most of my friends consider Doughnut teen’s confectionary or kid’s bite, may be but I don’t mind indulging myself now and then in these little pockets of air and feel rejuvenated.
Doughnut or Donut, whatever you like to call them, are one of the highly commercialized confectionary item, all across the globe there are retail chains dedicatedly selling only doughnuts, filled with fruit preserves, jellies, cream, custard or glazed with chocolate, butter cream, cream cheese, and like bees kids are always attracted towards these colorful rings, and not only kiddies but my Momo love to gobble any leftovers and smell of egg in the air.
Deep Fried Doughnut Recipe
Yields 24 Doughnuts
Doughnut Recipe with Chocolate Glaze is delicious, easy to make deep-fried doughnut recipe.
- For the Doughnut
- 3 ½ Cup/ 500 Gm All Purpose Flour + For Dusting
- ⅔ Cup Granulated White Sugar
- ½ Cup/100 Gm Unsalted Butter, chilled and cubed
- 2 Tsp.Active Dry Yeast
- ⅔ Cup/ 150 ml Chilled Water + ¼ Cup/ 50 ml lukewarm water
- 2 Large Eggs, whole
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Milk Powder
- 2 Tsp.Powdered Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Any flavorless oil, for deep frying
- ⅔ Cup/ 120 Gm Dark Chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ Cup Light Cream/ Single Cream
- ¼ Cup/ 50 Gm Unsalted Butter, cubed
- Take a deep bowl and sieve flour, baking powder, cinnamon and milk powder. Set aside.
- To activate yeast in a bowl mix in sugar, yeast and lukewarm water. Stir nicely and wait for 5 minutes until the mixture is frothy.
- In the cold water mix in salt and entire sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Now add cubed butter to flour, with the help of fingers rub flour and butter together to form bread crumb consistency.
- Add lightly beaten eggs, yeast ferment and using sugar dissolved cold water form smooth and soft dough. Knead for 5 minutes.
- Grease a deep bowl and let the dough rest covered in warm place for 30 minutes or until double in size. This stage is first proofing.
- While dough has risen twice the volume, tap the dough or knock back gently to punch out the air of the dough.
- Dust the surface with flour and roll the dough into a sheet having thickness of ¼ inch.
- Use doughnut cutter or cookie cutter to cut round pieces from the sheet.
- Again dust a large sized tray with flour and let doughnuts rest in warm place till double in size. This is second stage of proofing.
- So for making doughnuts we proof it twice, once the dough and then the doughnuts.
- Heat oil to medium hot or near about 150 degree celcius in a broad heavy bottomed pan.
- Fry doughnuts on both sides to get golden brown color.
- Drain in an absorbent paper and set aside to cool down.
- Meanwhile prepare the chocolate glaze, mix in chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl and put in microwave for 2 minutes or until it is partially melted.
- Pour in cream over melted chocolate and butter. Whisk until smooth and shiny consistency is achieved.
- Dip cooled doughnuts in glaze and serve!!!
Fun FOOD and Frolic http://www.funfoodfrolic.com/
Leave a Comment
Subscribe to our newsletter!!
Sign Up To Have New Recipes Delivered Straight To Your Inbox (For Free)!