I am nearly getting obsessed with corn kernels. So today I’m sharing one of my popular party snack recipes — Crispy Corn Kernels! I love munching them with drinks or while watching movies on a Friday night. They are the perfect indulgent, spicy, crunchy snack. I thought I’d share with you recipe for quick and easy Indo-Chinese style crispy corn. Perfect for snacking, especially during a good movie marathon. Hope you too like these crispy corn kernels. After all, these crispy corns are our favorite party popper!
I always keep a bag of sweet corn kernels in my freezer and use them at least once a week to make something delicious. It’s just such an easy and tasty ingredient to work with, and one of my favorites for great flavor. Snacks or dishes prepared with corn kernels are naturally gluten-free. So if you’re looking for more great ways to incorporate corn kernels into your diet this year, be sure to check out these recipes – Corn Salsa, Corn and Paneer Tikki, Loaded Veg Nachos and Corn Besan Cheela.
And, of course, you’d better check out this delicious one below.
Ok, but before we get to this tasty crispy corn recipe, let’s talk for a second about how much I love it. Few bites of this addictive snack are never good enough. And I am dead sure that you will find them addictive too. Plus, they are really easy to make. All is required mixing of ingredients and deep-frying. So if you’re a corn fan, I’d say there’s pretty much no excuse for you not to try them.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Crispy Corn KernelsPrint This
- 2 Cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tsp schezwan or red chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine sweet corn kernels and rest of the ingredients except oil.
- Use one or two tablespoons of water if the mixture seems too dry.
- Mix nicely so that the corn kernels get coated with the flour mixture.
- Keep the corn kernels in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a deep-frying pan.
- Deep-fry the corn kernels in small batches until crisp and golden.
- Cover the pan with the lid while deep-frying as the corn starts popping.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve Crispy Corn immediately garnished with spring onion greens.