Corn Besan Cheela (Corn and Gram Flour Savory Pancakes)
Corn and Besan Cheela
is a Gluten Free healthy breakfast choice, it is one of those breakfast options I have grown up eating and one of our family favorites too. Cheela is the Indian version of savory crepes made from various flours and seasoning but unlike crepes/pancakes eggs are not used in this recipe. I learned this Corn and Besan Cheela Recipe
from my mother and always make it the way she taught me. Though you can grind corn to smooth paste but like her, I keep the paste chunky so that I can taste bits of corn in between Cheela, which I thoroughly enjoy.
Planning breakfast menu for weekend is bit challenging task, he want something not so healthy and indulgent while for me it is exactly the opposite, I prefer wholesome breakfast to have a great start to weekend, like with Corn Besan Cheela I serve green chutney, boiled egg/omelette and freshly squeezed juice to keep the breakfast balanced in terms of nutrients. Last few days were pretty harsh on my health side and continuous working on client deliverables made me really sick, I was not in a mood to cook something very elaborate for the breakfast so we settled down for this humble yet healthy breakfast.
Corn and Besan Cheela Recipe
- 1 Cup corn kernels
- 1 Cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 green chili
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 tsp each cumin powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, mango powder
- ¼ tsp chaat masala
- Water to make batter
- Oil for greasing
- Boil corn kernels in water until tender. Drain in a colander. Blend to a coarse paste along with green chili without using any water.
- Mix all the ingredients except oil in a bowl.
- Using little water at a time make thick easy to spread batter of pouring consistency.
- Now heat a non-stick tawa and pour a ladle of the batter and spread it in the pan, not too thin.
- Pour 1 tsp of oil on the sides, and cook on medium flame until the side is golden.
- Now turn it upside down and cook the other side till it turns to brown in colour and crispy. Avoid flipping cheela again and again.
- Serve Corn and Besan Cheela hot with green chutney
Fun FOOD and Frolic http://www.funfoodfrolic.com/
Leave a Comment
Subscribe to our newsletter!!
Sign Up To Have New Recipes Delivered Straight To Your Inbox (For Free)!