Coconut Ladoo Recipe
Coconut Ladoo Recipe is a an easy to prepare and delicious festive sweet prepared with milkmaid and desiccated coconut. During festive celebrations I prefer recipes which can be made in advance especially sweets. In last few hours there are lot many things that requires your attention like Puja items, house decoration and table arrangement. In midst of all this chaos there is high probability of last minute dessert preparation going for a toss. If sweets like Coconut Ladoo are ready well in advance, than on the day of festival you just have to open the container and serve it. This Coconut Laddoo recipe is the simplest recipe of any sweet I have ever tried, no tricky instructions, just mix and bind the laddoos. I made these ladoos
Coconut Ladoos are a great sweet for prasad during the festivals like for Ganesh Chaturthi and Navratri. Nothing can beat a platter of delicious homemade sweets that you share with your loved ones and watch them devour these Ladoos in no time. Though this recipe is quite a simple one with only 3 ingredients but still be very specific with the measurements of the ingredients otherwise laddoos will turn out sticky and chewy. Before start preparing the Coconut Ladoos make sure everything is at room temperature, if not then bring out of fridge at least 30 minutes before making laddoos especially condensed milk. Freshly grated coconut can also be used for this recipe though I have used the readymade unsweetened packaged one.
Here is the simple recipe of how to make Coconut Ladoo:
Coconut Ladoo Recipe
Yields 10 - 12 Ladoo
Coconut Ladoo Recipe is a an easy to prepare and delicious festive sweet prepared with milkmaid and desiccated coconut.
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut or unsweetened packaged dry coconut
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 - 3 green cardamom crushed into powder
- 1/2 tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 Cup chopped dry fruits (almond, cashew and pistachio)
- ⅓ cup grated fresh coconut for rolling
- To prepare the Coconut Ladoo, saute fresh coconut in ghee for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Continuously stir the coconut while heating. Make sure not to brown the coconut.
- Now add ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk along with cardamom powder and chopped dry fruits.
- Stir to combine and while continuously stirring cook the mixture over medium high heat.
- When the mixture begins to leave the sides of the pan and thick enough to roll out ladoo, turn off the heat.
- Pour the ladoo mixture in another bowl and allow it to cool.
- When the mixture has cooled completely, pinch small size balls from the mixture and roll on your palm to make ladoos.
- Arrange desiccated coconut in a plate along with dry fruits.
- Roll the ladoos evenly in coconut mixture
- Serve coconut ladoos straight away or serve them later. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Fun FOOD and Frolic http://www.funfoodfrolic.com/
Leave a Comment
Subscribe to our newsletter!!
Sign Up To Have New Recipes Delivered Straight To Your Inbox (For Free)!