Chicken Salami Club Sandwich
The brown bag lunch is an American tradition, the first sandwich created in 1762, was a matter of necessity. The Earl of Sandwich, an enthusiastic gambler, requested bread and meat dishes that he could eat while gambling, and the sandwich was born. These traditional Clubhouse Sandwiches
are most often made with turkey
, bacon, eggs and loads of mayonnaise
, thin slices of roasted turkey topped with crispy bacon and onions over the crusty bread slices. My version of Club Sandwich features crispy Chicken Salamis and hard-boiled eggs
but keeps all the authentic taste.
Like any other household, mornings are a busy affair at my place too, he leaves for work by sharp 8 am so breakfast is to be served by 7.15 am, I prefer preparing dishes halfway on previous night rather than getting panic in the morning and spoiling the entire day.Usually for sandwiches I slice the vegetables beforehand only and keep them in an air tight container in the fridge, for club sandwich I hard boiled egg and roasted salamis at night only,inmorning just assembling and grilling is done. There is no hard and fast rule to use particular condiments in a club sandwich, you can perk up an old standard by adding a tasty new condiment like flavored mayonnaises, sandwich spreads, chutneys
or by serving it on your own home baked bread.
I love the fresh flower arrangement on the breakfast table, it brightens up the room and their fragrance fills me up with so much of positive energy for rest of the day, if you have a bad day give 5 minutes on arranging flowers and you will realize all your dullness is been absorbed by these beauties and in turn you are feeling relaxed and energized.
Chicken Salami Club Sandwich
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp Red Harissa Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Honey Mustard
- 6 slices of tomato
- 6 slices of cucumber
- 4 slices of onion
- 4 slices of chicken salami
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 Slices of Cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive Oil for cooking
- A drizzle of Tomato Ketchup along with Potato Chips
- Mix in Harissa, salt and pepper in mayo and whisk nicely to get smooth consistency. Set aside.
- Heat pan and drizzle olive oil, cook chicken salami turning halfway through, until crisp.
- To make a double-decker club: On a clean work surface, arrange 2 bread slice in a row. Spread mayonnaise over 1 side of each bread slice. Place cheese slice, lettuce stack on top of the first bread slice, top with 2 tomato and cucumber slices.
- Place 2 slices of salami over the tomatoes and top with 1/8 of the sliced boiled egg (without letting any hang over the sides).
- Drizzle 1 Tbsp of Honey Mustard.
- Carefully place the bread slice on top of the first layered bread.
- Then layer cheese slice, sliced onion, tomato, cucumber, chicken salami and remaining egg slices. Pour in the leftover of mayo and honey mustard. Cover with the remaining bread slice.
- Heat Grill Pan to high and grill the sandwich.
- Using a serrated knife cut sandwich into 4 square pieces.
- Pin the sandwich layers together by piercing them with a frill picks or cocktail swords through the top bread slice all the way to the bottom bread slice.
- Serve with tomato ketchup and potato chips.
Fun FOOD and Frolic http://www.funfoodfrolic.com/
Leave a Comment
Subscribe to our newsletter!!
Sign Up To Have New Recipes Delivered Straight To Your Inbox (For Free)!