Cheese and cutlet are truly a match made in heaven. Cheese Rava Cutlet is one such delicious fantasy come true. These cutlets have a mouth melting texture with the creaminess of the cheese. How have I made it more delicious? By pan frying the cutlets. Pan Frying gives a nice crisp and golden exterior to the rava cutlets, making them even more delectable.
How did these Cheese Rava Cutlets happen? All thanks to Mother Dairy. We are doing two Insta Cooking Classes with them on Instagram. Cheese Rava Cutlet is the first recipe on the #InstaCookingClass with Mother Dairy. I am so excited about this association. Why? Because Mother Dairy Cheese is one of my favorite from the past few years. It has the perfect soft texture and the right amount of saltiness. At times I like to enjoy it on its own. Simply cubed, seasoned with pepper and I am all sorted for the quick evening snack.
TIPS TO MAKE PERFECT CHEESE RAVA CUTLET
1) Allow the cheese to completely melt in the milk before adding the semolina (rava).
2) Never ever add salt while boiling the milk. The milk might curdle. Also, the cheese has some amount of saltiness so add the salt accordingly.
3) Add the semolina in small batches to nicely mix the batter. Do not forget to continuously stir the milk while adding the semolina. This trick helps in avoiding any lumps in the mixture.
4) Be patient and allow the semolina mixture to set on the baking tray. This might take 30 – 40 minutes. If you are in a hurry keep the baking tray lined with semolina mixture in the fridge for the quick turnaround result.
5) And if you happen to have a jar of good quality bread crumbs then coat the cutlets with them and then pan fry them. I am sure you will love these cutlets even more.
Hope now with these tips on hand you can make absolutely perfect cheese rava cutlets. And I almost forgot to tell you that these rava cutlets can be done crisp in an air-fryer or in the oven. So now you have three alternatives – pan fry, air-fry, and bake, to make tasty and crunchy cheese rava cutlet at home in no time.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
- 1 1/2 Cup Mother Dairy Milk
- 1 Cup Rava/Sooji Semolina
- 2 Mother Dairy Cheese Cubes
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 medium-size onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon Mother Dairy Butter
- Boil milk in a pan. Add cheese cubes, chopped onion, Italian seasoning and stir to combine.
- Once the cheese is melted, slowly add the semolina. Continuously stir the mixture. Turn off the heat.
- Now add the salt, pepper, and coriander. Continuously stir the mixture until it reaches a thick spreading consistency. Set aside.
- Grease a square tray with butter.
- Spread the semolina mixture on the tray. Keep the thickness of half inch. Gently press it with the spatula.
- Set it aside for one hour or till it is set. You can also keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cut the cutlets into the desired shapes using a knife or a cookie cutter.
- You can serve them as it is or pan fry for a crispy texture. You can store these cutlets in the fridge for a week. Reheat or pan fry whenever required.
- To pan fry the rava cutlets, heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Fry the cutlets till they turn crisp from both the sides.
- Serve Cheese Rava Cutlets warm with your favorite chutney or ketchup.