“D” for December, “D” for delicious and “D” for Doughnuts! As the chilling winter breeze has started knocking at the door and the morning mist has given the sun long awaited holiday break, this is a perfect weather to enjoy these Nutella-Glazed Baked Doughnuts. I have always had a soft corner for these confectionary spheres with a hole known as doughnuts. Not only these baked doughnuts look extremely tempting but taste like heaven too.
December will be a busy month for me. Starting with husband’s birthday, Christmas baking spree and then the New Year celebration, it will surely pass with a blink of an eye. My hands are going to be full and no matter how much planning I do it is going to be a restless month. Nevertheless, the child in me is super thrilled about the endless baking and cooking to be done around the entire month. Springing with these gorgeous Baked Doughnuts.
Few Christmas Special Treats You Might Like – Rum Bundt Cake, Garam Masala Gingerbread Cake, Chai Spiced Pumpkin Cake, and Almond Cookies.
Most of my friends consider doughnuts as teen’s confectionary or kid’s bite. Maybe, but I don’t mind indulging myself now and then in these Nutella glazed bites of deliciousness and feel rejuvenated. The best part about this baked doughnuts recipe is you can do all kinds of experiments with it. You can unleash your creativity and can make a dessert that is been curated to your taste. You can fill them with fruit preserves, custard, glaze them in cream cheese and chocolate ganache or simply dust with cinnamon, vanilla sugar or leave them plain.
To make them look prettier, play with a variety of sprinklers or decorate them for a themed party. You can keep the toppings sober or can create a palette of colors. Your imagination and vision can make these baked doughnuts look like nothing less than happiness on your table.
The feeling of enjoying home-baked doughnuts with a hot cup of coffee or cocoa in the winter sun is unparalleled. I hope now I have given you enough baking motivation to try this baked doughnuts recipe.
For more such fun recipes in your life, follow along on Facebook, Instagram, or subscribe to our Youtube Channel.
Baked Doughnuts Recipe
Not only these baked doughnuts look extremely tempting but taste like heaven too.
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
- 1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour (maida)
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 Cup granulated white sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 Cup milk, at room temperature
Ingredients For The Glaze
- 1/4 Cup Nutella
- 4 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven at 180 degree C. Grease donut tray with butter.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together butter and sugar using hand blender until light and fluffy. This might take 5 minutes depending upon the speed of the blender.
- Add one egg at a time and whisk the batter for 2 minutes each time.
- Now add the vanilla and combine the batter using spatula.
- Add the flour mixture in small batches and mix gently using a spatula.
- Once the batter is nicely combined stop mixing.
- Fill the greased doughnut tray with the batter. Fill each cavity upto 2/3.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until doughnuts are nicely baked. Allow them to cool.
- Heat cream in a pan and add one tablespoon of butter. Mix nicely.
- Pour this warm liquid over the Nutella and whisk to form a smooth glaze.
- Dip each doughnut in the Nutella Glaze and serve.
Fun FOOD and Frolic http://www.funfoodfrolic.com/