The Playground at JW Mariott New Delhi is a chic new destination for the party lovers in the city. It is stylish, expansive and quirky at the same time. Walking across the open-air foyer, you enter a world so diverse, that one is mesmerized by the beauty of the glass facades that create a striking contrast with colorful pop art that adorns the in-house food truck. Walk in further and the alfresco & lounge area- identified bright, plush, velvet couches, offset by the deep browns of the wooden tables- reflects the sensibilities of the hotel, weaving in comfort, style and a sense of grandeur at one glance.
What does one get when they combine stunning space, an artsy vibe, the genius of an expatriate mixologist and food for the ages? The answer is Playground at JW Mariott. You need one, we will give you 5 reasons to must visit this social lounge in New Delhi.
The JW Marriott Hotel New Delhi Aerocity aims to emerge as New Delhi’s most stylish destination hotel offering discerning international and domestic travelers the famed JW sophistication for the first time in Delhi. And Playground is the newest gem under the flagship of brand JW.
Here are my 5 reasons to visit Playground again and again:
1) 3 in 1 Experience: Playground offers three unforgettable experiences- A Brew Bar, the fancy Speakeasy space that’s accessible by invitation only and the cool Food Truck. Street art deco done by Delhi Street Art, leather loungers designed by Timothy Oulton and a mix of eclectic music will set the right mood. You will be spoilt for choice with these three different experiences offered under the same roof. So far in the city, there is no such place providing three different scenes for the party at the same place. And this makes Playground surely exclusive.
2) Best Mixologist – I am the one who is quite critical of the drinks served at any lounge. But at Playground the renowned mixologist Tzvika Furman the mixologist from Tel-Aviv has done a fantastic work with the fresh ingredients, fruits and herbs to create a collection world-class cocktails on the menu. One of his personal favorite drinks is the Cold In Shadows, from the Speakeasy menu. The drink is a combination of Campari, raspberry liqueur, and fresh lime juice, with an orange wheel. If nostalgia is the mood, then the innovative PB & J – a Whiskey based take on Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches is a must try.
3) Good Food: Set in the elite Aerocity, Playground ensures your evenings will never have a dull moment. The menu too is built to mesh itself well into the mind of an avid foodie. The unmatched flavor of quality ingredients is prevalent in every offering that has been carefully curated to whet the appetite. Serving up an array of sandwiches, poutine, hot dogs and falafel, the Food Truck at Playground promises to elevate the guests’ experience by providing delicious food, on the go.
The small plates menu is the dominant theme at Playground. Chef Verma serves up artistically plated global food, where flavors – both bold and subtle – combine to create an experience, unlike one you’ve had before. Artisanal burrata with basil pesto, clear tomato consommé, and pine-nuts rests on a bed of heirloom tomatoes…. the delicate flavors a delight to the palate as is the dish a treat to the eyes. Continuing the journey, the Gambas Al Ajillo (garlic shrimp) with prawns cooked in white wine, lemon and garlic and the in-house Smoked Baby Back Ribs served in a glass dome, with rosewood smoke are the perfect way to allow Chef Verma to showcase his inimitable talent and structure his menu in such a way that the palate of the connoisseur and the critic is satisfied alike.
4) Exclusive Speakeasy: The exclusive touch to the Playground is provided by the elusive Speakeasy. Partially hidden behind street art, this members’ only lounge houses coveted bottles and niche spaces. Mood lighting, luxurious interiors, wood paneling and handcrafted leather loungers from Timothy Oulton set the Speakeasy apart from the rest of the property. Being a member’s exclusive privilege, the interiors boast of plush sofas dominated by blue tones and wood, while the imposing bar stretches across the other side of the area. With its carefully curated bar menu and cocktails which highlight handpicked ingredients, the bar features some of the best single malts in the city. This is the kind of place you want to hang out with your inner circle without worrying much about the other guest.
5) Great Service: All of the above reasons are of no value if the place offers poor service. The staff at the Playground is extremely warm and welcoming. They leave no stone unturned to make you feel comfortable and exceptional. And no matter how busy the place is they always answer your queries with a bright smile, which I like most about them.
Redefining nightlife at Delhi-NCR, JW Marriott Aerocity has successfully created an amalgamation of gastronomic wonder and luxurious interiors, while focusing on the preferences of its patrons and marking a new step in the hospitality sector in the country.
Disclaimer: The review was done on an invitation from JW Mariott, my opinion, and words are unbiased and totally based on my experience at the restaurant. But, as they say, “Food is Subjective” so kindly exercise your own discretion, with the understanding that this is writer’s personal opinion.